Neo-Passé
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Writer's Workshop Stuff

2 posters

Go down

Regarding Writer's Workshop Stuff Empty Regarding Writer''s Workshop Stuff

Post by Nissadex Sun May 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Okay, so, like, I can feel some potential angst/drama comming up from this section of the boards if we don't set some basic guidelines here. I don't call them rules because 'rules' implies that there are things that you can and can't do. I think Mike, Smithy, myself, and everyone else on these boards is quite open to whatever you want to post here, be it mature, silly, epic, or pointless. What I hope to accomplish is not to keep you from writing whatever you want, but simply to explain what you should expect as a response.

Since the things posted here aren't 'audience participation' dealies (in the sense that they do not require more than one person to keep them active) I don't want to see any dramas springing up because 's/he didn't read my novel/narration/poem/work!' Now, we're all above the age of ten (I hope) so this shouldn't be an issue. However, I know that I get irritated if someone is constantly bugging me to go and read their work. I'm sure that someone is going to read your work no matter if you tell people to read it or not, and if it's worth reading, or if someone feels that someone specifically would like it, it'll be spread by word of mouth. And if someone doesn't want to read it, by god, they have every right not to.

So basicly:

Do not tell a person more than once to read your work.
Do have enguaging discussions about your work with people who have read it.
Do continue to post up parts of your work, even if you don't get a huge response at first. We have lives, all of us, whether they're in their mother's basement or with a huge party of friends. We may not get to your work right away. Doesn't mean we don't love you. <3

In closing, I think this board will provide an endless supply of muse and inspiration for all us aspiring writers. But don't try to force people to read your work- you might get more haters than fans. ;P
Nissadex
Nissadex

http://rockpapersinner.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Regarding Writer's Workshop Stuff Empty Re: Regarding Writer's Workshop Stuff

Post by BSmith Mon May 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Indeed. Now go read my work. All of you. Now.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 am

Anyone who wants a thread in this section closed, let me know. I'm just not going to lock old threads willy-nilly in case people want to revive them.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down