Neo-Passé
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circle Oh-Oh-See

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Circle Oh-Oh-See Empty Circle Oh-Oh-See

Post by Ishilar's Ego Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 am

So.

Who's excited? Are you excited? I'm excited.

The rest of the information will be up tomorrow if all goes according to plan. All of the pertinent information for making characters is already present, and the rest will largely just be world-building and the like. So, like, if you guys are excited, like you should be, then you can get a start on your characters, maybe start thinking and such while I finish putting up info and you can fill in any blanks you might have then.
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Circle Oh-Oh-See Empty Re: Circle Oh-Oh-See

Post by BSmith Tue May 15, 2012 3:11 am

I'M SO EXCITED.

EXCITEMENT.

What a Face
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by The Masked Man Tue May 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Count me in. I'll just make a character a bit later. Just woke up. Too early for creativity.

So later. I will make. Character. A. Continuing to play on my recent lust for villainous exploits, he may not necessarily be the nicest man in the world. But is he outright evil? I won't know until I write him. Which I will do later, when my blood-coffee ratio is more favorable.
The Masked Man
The Masked Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm

The section on Runology is finished. Feel free to check it out, everyone. Next up, demons. Lots of demons.

And then a more in-depth look at the nations, and then I'll be all done.
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Alle Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Character am I making tonight. Yes indeed.

CAN I MAKE TWO CHARACTERS?
Alle
Alle

http://rebeccakaustin.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Yes, yes you can. Jason asked earlier, so I'll just say it here. I'm going to go with no more than three characters per person.
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Alle Tue May 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Question I will ask here for the sake of others: when a person has two Lessers, do they present themselves evenly? Like, is a person just as talented a Dreamer as they are a Warper, or is it lopsided?

Also are there ever people born WITHOUT magic or is that just like crazy impossible?
Alle
Alle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 pm

When a person is born with two Lessers, you can balance them (or unbalance them) however you like. Mostly, mastery comes with practice and understanding the mechanics - for lack of a better word - of their given magic. Their are books and classes on each branch of magic detailing other people's uses for a magic that they can learn from, but most mages also develop their own unique little 'tricks' so to speak, typically when they're still children.

Magic is like a muscle. The more you use it and exercise it, the stronger you become. Just so you don't (generally) have children running around blowing stuff up and setting themselves on fire and whatnot.

At any rate, as to your second question, there are no individuals who do not have a gift with at least one branch of magic. There are very rare people who are born with only one Lesser, which you could say is a step toward people being born with nothing, but as of the point the RP takes place in, that magical stagnation hasn't gotten that far yet.

There is one individual - an NPC - who will be able to use all nine magicks, but I'm naturally not going to allow anybody to have a character like that, because, in a word, overkill.
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 pm

I am reserving a place in this here RP. I don't know when I'll get around to making a character, but rest assured that I will.

I will also make a banner, as I do for every RP. And once said banner is approved by the wonderful Ish, its logo will be edited into the forum banner.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Wed May 16, 2012 1:04 am

Well, everyone, you can now get some idea of what you'll be facing out in the wilds. The Demonspawn entry is now complete for your viewing pleasure.

Now a quick break before I polish off the map.
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Wed May 16, 2012 1:32 am

I changed my mind, I am joining Circle.

But only because Ish is letting me be silly.
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Wed May 16, 2012 1:33 am

A Moose named Moose who is a genius, and also a Pope, was too great to pass up.
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Thu May 17, 2012 12:37 am

Not to mention, everything's better with a splash of Cojisto.
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Fri May 18, 2012 2:22 am

The RP will be officially kicking off tomorrow. Look forward to that.

I'm still trying to finish up the last few sections under construction, but since I only had about two hours of sleep yesterday, and thus didn't do anything (nothing useful anyway), I've fallen behind on that, but I intend to have everything up and looking spiffy before I go to bed tonight.
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Sat May 19, 2012 1:21 am

And so we now Begin, Officially.

In addition to my own post going up, I've also put up some guild missions in the respective section. You've got to be in a guild in order to take on these missions, which is easily done for the most part. You may join a pre-existing guild (Rust's and my own are the only ones at the moment) or start your own guild, provided a guild has a minimum of four members. I recommend lots of NPCs. xD

If you want to make your own guild, just send me a PM with a guild name, an optional motto, notable members list, and the location of your guild's chapter house. Most guilds also have a focus, either being fighters or perhaps researchers or florists or...whatever you want, really. This is optional information you can provide if you choose.

At any rate, at this moment in time, I intend for guild missions to tie into the main RP storyline so that anybody wishing to do them doesn't have to step outside of the main plot completely to do so. Anybody wanting to take on a guild mission should send me a PM and I will give them the relevant information and scenario. From there, you're free to handle that scenario however you want - sort of like the Hole in the Wall, actually.

Depending on their popularity and how the RP itself goes, I may write a few of them that won't have any bearing on the plot at all. Time will tell and all of that jazz.

In any case, the RP is open, so let's have fun with this. Feel free to post questions, comments, and anything else your heart desires here. Collaborations are neat and...you guys know how to RP, why am I telling you? xD

GOGOGOGO!
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Sat May 19, 2012 5:24 am

mE LIKEY THIS WHOLE gUILD mISSIONS THING. i'D SAY i'D JOIN rUST'S, BUT THE THOUGHT OF WORKING under cOJISTO SCARES ME.

i REALIZED CAPS LOCK WAS ON HALFWAY THROUGH TYPING THIS. bUT i WAS LAZY AND DECIDED TO LEAVE IT AS IT WAS. yAY SHOUTING!
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 am

Oh please, working under Cojisto is an honorable life and you know it What a Face
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by The Masked Man Sat May 19, 2012 12:15 pm

I am creating a guild. Try and stop me. You can't. Stop me, that is. You can't do it. No balls. None!

Also, then I suppose I'll be working up a post. I have a thing to do for most of the second half of the day, so if it isn't ready by noon it'll have to get finished early tomorrow.
The Masked Man
The Masked Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Alle Sat May 19, 2012 2:22 pm

My first post will likely be up some time this evening, as I am spending the majority of the day with my sister. We're tye-dying. That's right. Permanent dye, in the hands of Becca and a hyperactive 7-year-old.

EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH.
Alle
Alle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Sat May 19, 2012 2:41 pm

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THAT, BECCA!?

Have fun. xD

At any rate, nobody stopped Jason from making his own guild, just like he said, so now it's up there and he's already taken on his first mission. WOO!
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Sat May 19, 2012 9:54 pm

I'll post tomorrow sometime, probably either early morning or in the evening. I'm feeling too out of it to post today.

Unless I end up feeling better, anyway, then I'll start a post.
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by The Masked Man Sun May 20, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm starting my post right now. Barring unforeseen apocalypses, it'll be done some time today.

Posted. I'm probably going to have to turn Lune into my third character.
The Masked Man
The Masked Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Mon May 21, 2012 2:53 am

Unfortunately for Cojisto, Air Bud Rules do not apply here Sad

Just read your post, Jason, and it seems like you really thought out the background behind your guild. There's a lot of characterization there, even for the characters that you haven't made sheets for. I enjoyed it.

Corruption, you already know my favorite part was Rith. loltrolls<3
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Wed May 23, 2012 2:57 am

I shall be making a character tomorrow-ish. And then I shall join the shenanigans.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Thu May 24, 2012 12:40 am

Yo Ish where ya at

You told me you had a post ready D=<
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content