Neo-Passé
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Script] Villain Story

2 posters

Go down

[Script] Villain Story Empty [Script] Villain Story

Post by Rust Sun May 20, 2012 1:12 am

Villain Story is my brainchild from several months ago that I plan on continuing. The story will be in the form of several short videos as a web series on Youtube. Below is a mostly finished script, though I do believe I will probably reread it after all this time and tweak it here or there. Some have likened it to Doctor Horrible, although I absolutely refuse to write songs and the like. Sorry :<
When this comes to fruition, it'll probably be sometime in late-fall.

Synopsis: Doctor Captain Vlad is one of the many super-villains out in the world today, though there are several more competent. Along with his secretary and intern, Layla, and henchman, Lawn Care, he spends his days fighting the kind-hearted Slightly Better Man while plotting to take over the world. Or at the very least, the United States of America.

Villain Story

Chaprologueter 1

Narrator: Our story starts, like many others, with a man. He wasn't a particularly attractive man, or a superbly artistic man. But that's not to say that he didn't stand out. In fact, if you met him on the street, you would probably remember him, if not for his smell, then for his... to put it lightly, weirdness. Though, if you were to ask him, this man would tell you that the world was a very weird and smelly place, and that he was only trying to survive. After all, when one's career path is 'Super Villain,' one probably shouldn't expect survival to be on the table for very long. And, in fact, today marks the seventh home invasion conducted by his enemies, those so-called 'heroes.' Let's watch the story unfold, shall we?

[the Villain is sitting in a study, tinkering with some sort of diabolical contraption. He looks up as though thinking intently. We hear his voice, but his lips don't move.]

Villain: (thought) My name is Dr. Captain Vlad. (He pauses, then puts his head back down) Nah, they'll figure out who I am soon enough.

Narrator: After an exceptionally disappointing introduction, we meet - (he is interrupted)

Young Lady: Captain! (The voice from outside of the room precedes a young woman's entrance!) (She runs in panting, clutching a clipboard with several papers falling out in her panic. She also seems bare foot and carrying heels) Captain, there's a new- (she is interrupted)

Vlad: Layla! How many times must I tell you call me by my title, not my first name! (Though not outraged, he is noticeably frustrated)

Layla: (Layla begins to pick up the papers) Sorry, sir, I'm not used to a boss with your... (she pauses, thinking of a proper response) Unique sort of... um (another pause)

Vlad: (Taking her second pause as a sign that she was done, spoke) Also, you interrupted the narrator.

Layla: (obviously confused) The...Who, sir?

Vlad: (with a small sigh) No one in particular, don't worry about it.

Layla: (Finally finished with the papers, she walks towards the center of the room) Sir, the newest batch of heroes have arrived.

Vlad: Again?! What are they here for?

Layla: (stares at Vlad with a "really?" sort of look on her face)

Vlad: Yeah, you're right. (He finally spins in his chair to face her. He pauses and spins once more.) We need more rotational seats (says to himself before looking up at his secretary) Okay, so have you taken care of it?

Layla: (surprised/outraged) Me?! What could I have done?

Vlad: How about you try to slap them with a trespassing law suit? (says in a "duh" kind of voice)

Layla: If I may ask, sir, (emphasis on sir) but should we really be using the system that we, as evildoers, (emphasis) are trying to destroy?

Vlad: Is there an easier way to - (suddenly interrupts himself very excitedly) No, wait, you're right; that plan is stupid. This is the perfect time to combat test that Giant Boot I invented!

Layla: (exasperated) You didn't invent it, you just took a boot and made it bigger!

Vlad: Don't be jealous just because you didn't come up with it first! (crosses his arms)

Layla: Why would I be jealous of that?! (losing her patience, but catches herself, calming herself down) And not to criticize, but what would someone do with an enlarger ray that only enlarges footwear? What could anyone possibly do with that?

Vlad: (pauses) Try to take over the world?

Layla: (Speaks with a slightly raised voice) How can anyone take over the world with only a giant boot!?

Vlad: Well, you see, you need more than just a giant boot. The whole point of a giant shoe is moot if you don't also have a giant foot.

Layla: So you have a giant foot to go into this giant boot then, do you?

Vlad: No. I haven't gotten around to building a giant leg yet.

Layla: (speaking in a rather strained voice) So, for the sake of arguing, let's assume you have a giant leg. In fact, because I know where this is going, let's say you build an entire giant robot person.

Vlad: Okay, completely hypothetical, ask away.

Layla: So you have an entire, large robot that's potentially perfectly capable of taking out the heroes all on its own; why is the giant boot so important?

Vlad: It's going to be a stomping robot. (he begins speaking a lot more with his hands) It's going to be walking through the battlefield stomping around and causing giant earthquakes and I'm also thinking flamethrowers and it's going to have sound effects, too. Something like "raaawergaflagle" or something every time it kicks and-or stomps upon a hero.

Layla: (Giving Vlad a cold stare) ... I never learned how to respond to something like that. Why is this a good idea?

Vlad: (shrugs) Iunno, you're the one who brought in the entire giant robot into this completely hypothetical question. I was going to stop at the leg; building the entire robot is just a waste without giant gloves. Everyone knows that. (He pauses) Hey, whatever happened to those heroes?

Layla: (stares at Vlad for a moment more before giving a disgruntled sigh, facepalm ensues) I'm going to go read them the laws of private property. That should bore them into submission at the very least.

Vlad: Atta girl (says with a grin) Go get 'em.

Layla: (gives Vlad what could only be a glare) Whatever you say, Doctor. (she leaves)

Vlad: (Yelling after her) And don't forget to take the giant boot! Teach it a thing or two! (returning to his project after another full rotation in his chair) Nice and quiet now.

[screen starts fading black]

Vlad: Hey, wait, why is it getting darker? People can't see me anymore!

[credits role]

Vlad: Hey, wait again! Who are those people in the text? Why are they in my house?!

Narrator: Stop breaking the fourth wall!

Vlad: No! I'm evil! It's what I do!

/scene

Last edited by Rust on Tue May 22, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

[Script] Villain Story Empty Re: [Script] Villain Story

Post by Rust Mon May 21, 2012 7:01 pm

This is Chapter 2. It's a bit short, but if need be I'll add it together with Chapter 1 to make Chapter 1. Again, all feedback is appreciated.

Villain Story

Chapter 2

The setting seems unchanged from the previous chapter, as Dr. Captain Vlad is still sitting at his table working on what he had been working on previously. What he is actually doing is obstructed from view, however. It is also noticeably darker outside.

Narrator: We return to find that our Villain has not moved from the spot we last left him. Even with the threat of heroes outside his own front door, the Doctor is calm and collected. Layla, however, is fraught with nerves at such a close encounter. Luckily, she managed to avoid a battle and had succeeded in sending the group home.

Layla: (Walks into the room looking quite panicked, there's a dabble of sweat upon her brow. As she closes the door behind her, she collapses onto the floor against it. She is also breathing loudly, as though she had just run a marathon)

Vlad: Layla, welcome back! (he doesn't bother turning around even though she's breathing quite loudly) I trust everything's going well if you're back so soon?

Layla: Doctor Captain Vlad, (she says to say as sternly as possible) I don't know who you think I am, but that was not in my job description! I'm not supposed to be facing down heroes! The only reason why I'm here is because I need the credit!

Vlad: (stops his work and turns around in his chair) Credit? What is this... Credit, that you speak of?

Layla: (takes a moment to stand up from the ground and smooths out her clothes before speaking) I've only known you for a short while but I suppose remembering something like that is out of the question. (She clears her throat with a short cough) The only reason I took this job is because I needed the college credit, and on-the-job training wouldn't hurt either.

Vlad: (his face lights up and he stands up from his chair) That's wonderful! So what are you majoring in? World Domination? Torture? Hero Slaying?

Layla: No, I'm going into Politics.

Vlad: (looks very disappointed) Oh, well, we all have to start somewhere. I mean, it's a slow path to world domination, but it's definitely a path. (Vlad sits back down in his chair, his hand finding his chin and strokes it as if thinking.)

Layla: (Closes her eyes and takes a few breaths, knowing that she's going to be dropping a bombshell) Actually, sir, I don't have world domination in mind.

Vlad: (Jerks himself out of his thinking position) If not for world domination, then what?

Layla: (Attempts to suppress smile, but can't hold it in. She stands a little taller now) Someday, I want to be the United State's first woman president.

Vlad: Silly girl, you should know that all presidents plan for world domination. You can't get into the office without having a bit of megalomania. It's practically written in the Constitution!

Layla: (Crosses her arms) I don't believe that. I'm going to be a force of benevolence for the country.

Vlad: (Utterly shocked and horrified) Benevolence!? What about taxes? Surely you'll raise taxes?

Layla: Only on people who can afford it.

Vlad: (Stands up from his chair again) I can't believe what I'm hearing! What about the poor?

Layla: Obviously, I'm going to stand up for them. More homeless shelters.

Vlad: The unemployed!?

Layla: Can run the homeless shelters.

Vlad: Where are you going to get all this money from!? Surely you're going to steal it from unsuspecting countries in order to erase the debt of America, and end up indebting everyone to us?

Layla: Of course not! (now it is Layla's turn to be shocked and horrified) I don't know how I'm going to solve the money problem just yet, but if I do- (she shakes her head and corrects herself) when I do, the world is going to be a better place!

Vlad: (Falls back into his chair and begins fanning himself off as if he were having a heat stroke) A better place! Oh dear lord! (He sits there for a moment after he stops fanning himself off and lets out a sigh of resignation) Well, at least there's still some hope for you left.

Layla: (Confused, but cautious of what she says) What do you mean?

Vlad: Everyone knows that politicians can be corrupted. Or blackmailed. I'll just have to make sure you're on the side of evil before this on-the-job training or whatever is over with. I could blackmail you with all of the evil acts I'll have you commit.

Layla: (shakes her head and speaks as though she's reciting something) Any evil done by a college student under the orders of a villain while doing voluntary training is not admissible evidence in federal court. (smug smile) So even if you blackmail me, it won't do a thing.

Vlad: Oh? What will your family think?

Layla: (her eyes focus and her smile disappears) What do you mean?

Vlad: (suddenly becomes completely nonchalant and crosses his legs) Let's take a look at the facts. You're my secretary, but what if I have you... say... Kick a puppy? What would your mother think?

Layla: (her eyes narrow) My mother would understand.

Vlad: (Puts his hands together and intertwines his fingers) Of course, of course, but what of the other evil acts you could commit? Kicking a puppy hardly counts as the ultimate evil. I mean, yeah, it is sort of mean, but kittens seem much more fragile.

Layla: (Talking through her teeth now) Doctor...

Vlad: (perks up and points towards the door) You're dismissed for the day, Ms. Layla. Do try to enjoy your evening. (Layla opens her mouth to say something, but is cut off) Nuh uh, no talking back to the boss. On your way. Shoo, shoo. (as he shoos, he makes the motions as well with his hands.)

Layla: (In a dangerous voice) As you wish, Captain. (emphasis on Captain, intentionally getting it wrong) Good night. (Layla turns and leaves the room. As soon as the door is closed, she looks at the clipboard and grabs the pen off of it. She clicks the pen open and stares at the blank paper on top) I guess it's time to start drafting. No one blackmails me, Doctor Captain Vlad. No one.

(The screen begins to fade to black as the credits roll)
Narrator: And thus ends another day in the world of Doctor Captain Vlad. Tomorrow-

Vlad: Hey, wait, my days not over yet!

Narrator: (Attempting to ignore Vlad) Tomorrow is a big day for Vlad and Layla's professional relationship as-

Vlad: I've still got plenty of things to do!

Narrator: (Still attempting) As she tries to-

Vlad: Stop that nonsense!

Narrator: You know what? (he speaks in a strained voice, giving up completely) You win, Vlad. Enjoy the rest of your evening. The film crew's done here.

Vlad: Good, I told you to get out of my house hours ago! It's about time you're- (and he's cut off by the video ending)
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Mon May 21, 2012 9:18 pm

It needs some serious polishing, but otherwise brilliant. The humor is definitely there, it just needs some tweaks here and there.

If you combine the two parts, I'd stick with the ending from Chaprologueter 1, I liked it better.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Mon May 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Anything you see that jumps out at you as an obvious tweak? I can already see things that I'd like to change, but you know I value your input for some ungodly reason.

Probably because you feed my internet self. <3
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 pm

The Narrator in the opening sounds really clunky, that's the big thing that I noticed. A narration needs to be smooth. Everything else is just nitpicking.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 am

Ah, yeah. That definitely needs to change. I distracted myself when I wrote it and just kind of forced it out xD
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Tue May 22, 2012 5:21 am

Fixed it up a bit, take it or leave it:

Narrator: Our story starts, like many others, with a man. He wasn't a particularly attractive man, or a superbly artistic man. But that's not to say that he didn't stand out. In fact, if you met him on the street, you would probably remember him, if not for his smell, then for his... to put it lightly, weirdness. Though, if you were to ask him, this man would tell you that the world was a very weird and smelly place, and that he was only trying to survive. After all, when one's career path is 'Super Villain,' one probably shouldn't expect survival to be on the table for very long. And, in fact, today marks the seventh home invasion conducted by his enemies, those so-called 'heroes.' Let's watch the story unfold, shall we?
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm

I thought you meant the second Narration introduction ^^;;
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Tue May 22, 2012 3:56 pm

The second opening could use some touch-ups, but I was talking about the first opening. It's honestly pretty bad, in my opinion. XD
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Tue May 22, 2012 5:44 pm

You never told me that when you first read it over all that time ago /angerface
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 pm

I don't even remember what I had for breakfast two days ago, you expect me to remember that?
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down