Neo-Passé
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Emotional Teddy Bear Thread

+4
Nissadex
Rust
Alle
BSmith
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Emotional Teddy Bear Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Emotional Teddy Bear Thread

Post by BSmith Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 am

The Masked Man wrote:
Fields blackened by flames
will one day yield new forests.
Nothing conquers life.

This. So much this.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

The Emotional Teddy Bear Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Emotional Teddy Bear Thread

Post by Nissadex Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh my god >> You and your Haiku need to stop speaking to my soul. Actually, wait, totally keep doing that.
Nissadex
Nissadex

http://rockpapersinner.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:25 am

You guys are awesome. Remember that. You're all awesome and you should keep being awesome because awesomeness is awesome. Awesome.

...Just felt like saying that.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Wed May 02, 2012 11:38 pm

I am so goddamn pathetic. ;_;

So, okay. There's this really cute girl at work - who I don't work with. Different departments, different sides of the store and such. Anyway. So, for the past week or two, I've been wanting to say something to her, and I walk past the photolab where she works, and...do nothing. ._.

So, I later found out that she's been asking about me - because creepy guy looks at her as he walks by? I'd ask too - so I mean, I should talk, but I haven't.

And then today, I got hit in the balls with a box, and I thought, "You know what? Talking to her can't go any worse than this."

HA.

I was wrong. T_T

I got off work at 6pm. I was there until 7, convincing myself that, yes, I was going to talk to her and say, "Hey. Let's hangout and do stuff."

So after much pussy-footing, and mentally punching myself in the face, because that would have looked strange to actually do, I finally managed to say, "Hi."
Then she said, "Hi."
Then I tried to spit out the slightly more important bits such as, "I think you're really cute, want to hang out or see a movie or something?" But didn't. So after a slightly awkward silence, "Can I help you with anything?"
To which I respond, "No. Just looking."

Then I pretend to look at cameras, then she leaves to go on break, and I go home in defeat to berate myself for being a complete pussy. ._.

I'd like to view this as progress - I did manage to say hi after all - but...AGH. JUST AGH.

/self-hate venting
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 am

Now that you know the price of failure, you can finally begin to succeed. Stay true to yourself, son afro
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 am

Poor Ishy =(

There's not much I can really say that you don't already seem to know - just talk to her! Unfortunately, I know from personal experience that that's much, MUCH easier said than done.

I think the one piece of advice I can give you is don't take it too far too quickly. Don't go in there LOOKING to ask her out, because that's what making you nervous. Go into the conversation just looking to have a conversation. Just make it a chat to introduce yourself (You work here? I work here! Yay!), and maybe you won't feel as nervous.

P.S. Because of your avatar, I automatically picture most of your posts as coming straight from Maxwell. Can I just say how humorous I find it to have read this kind of serious post in the voice of a Prinny?
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nissadex Thu May 03, 2012 3:33 am

D'ww, Ishy, that's adorable xD I love cute awkwardness.

Honestly... look at this objectively. If you don't talk to her, there's only one outcome-- she won't get to know you, and may get weirded out because you are obviously trying to make contact and not actually doing so.

If you do talk to her, there are only a few outcomes. Either she does talk to you, you become friends, become awesome date cuteness, and be awesome.... or you talk to her, find out she's taken/ likes nascar/ is otherwise a bad life partner for you, and don't continue the relationship, or you talk, hang out, and become friends. Likely, you're thinking that there's also the option of talking to her and making a fool of yourself, but honestly.... that's really unlikely. If some girl came up to you and was awkward and sky, and even did something goofy, chances are you wouldn't really hate it, you'd probably be understanding, and you may even find it endearing. And who even says you have to go in there and be awkward? Maybe you'll nail it perfectly... but even if you don't, its more okay than you realize.

I guess... either you talk to her and have a chance of forming a good relationship (friends or otherwise) or don't talk to her, and assure you won't.
Nissadex
Nissadex

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Thu May 03, 2012 3:38 am

Nissadex wrote:or you talk to her, find out she's taken/ likes nascar/ is otherwise a bad life partner for you, and don't continue the relationship

OMG, marry me. XD XD
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nissadex Thu May 03, 2012 3:42 am

BSmith wrote:
Nissadex wrote:or you talk to her, find out she's taken/ likes nascar/ is otherwise a bad life partner for you, and don't continue the relationship

OMG, marry me. XD XD

<3 <3 <3 I know, I'm pretty awesome.
Nissadex
Nissadex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Thu May 03, 2012 4:54 am

Nissadex wrote:If some girl came up to you and was awkward and sky, and even did something goofy, chances are you wouldn't really hate it, you'd probably be understanding, and you may even find it endearing. And who even says you have to go in there and be awkward?

This. I like this. I've never thought about it like that.

BSmith wrote:P.S. Because of your avatar, I automatically picture most of your posts as coming straight from Maxwell. Can I just say how humorous I find it to have read this kind of serious post in the voice of a Prinny?

I can edit in a few 'd00d's if you'd like.

You're all amazing. Thank you. <3
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Alle Sun May 13, 2012 8:49 pm

*crawls out of Hole In The Ground*

I had another weird depressive period where all I wanted to do was eat chocolate covered pistachios and play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I'm out of it now, and feel like my emotions are finally leveling out for the first time since I started taking eight happy pills a day. And I didn't want to cut myself this time, so I count this as a victory.

But that's why I vanished.

For those reasons.

(Note: I am still playing Kingdoms of Amalur for REASONS of possible awesomeness.)
Alle
Alle

http://rebeccakaustin.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2