Neo-Passé
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Summer Home

+4
Amano
BSmith
Rust
Nissadex
8 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Group Summer Home Empty Group Summer Home

Post by Nissadex Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Alright, well, I feel like I'm totally going out on a limb here and I am ABSOLUTELY MAKING NO GUARANTEES, but!...

...I had an idea.

My family, for those of you who don't know, (or have forgotten) is relatively wealthy. Well, okay, we're pretty friggin' wealthy. My mother is the chairman of a private practice radiology firm and my father owns his own nuclear energy law firm. Basically, I'm the daughter of a doctor and a lawyer, and well-to-do ones at that. My father is also the mayor of the township I live in, so... suffice to say we have a decent chunk of power, wealth, and authority.

I don't say this to brag, in fact, I generally am terrified to mention it to anyone lest they judge me based on my position. (it has definitely happened...) Normally, I try to hide this fact from the people I know until I've already made fast friends with them, since I don't want them to make friends with me solely to get money, and also I don't want them to judge my personality in juxtaposition with my wealth. Honestly, though, if these six years I've known most of you isn't long enough for you to like me based on me, then we have some serious issues =P

The sum of this entire explanation is this: My family, being wealthy, owns numerous homes across the united states. One of these homes is a modest house on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. It has a total of two twin beds and two king sized beds available given the fold out couch. We can also sleep people on the floor; there is plenty of floor space. There is not a whole bunch to do in the area, but there's a swimming pool and my family also owns two boats, which we may be able to use to travel out onto the bay. The area is also beautiful and there are plenty of places to work creatively. For more modern enjoyments, there's a tv to hook up to game systems and although internet would be scarce, we can use laptops for gaming.

I asked my mother briefly what she thought of us using the house and although she was wary she gave me the impression that it was possible. Like I said, it's not a guarantee by a long shot. I feel, however, that it's probably our best opportunity.

For those of you who do not live in the US, you can see a US state map here. Virginia is the second purple state down on the east coast. (not counting Maine. No one likes Maine.)
Group Summer Home States_imgmap

Here is a close up map of Virginia. As you can see, the bay makes up the eastern coast of the state.
Group Summer Home VaMap

Here you can see a close up map of the bay. The house is located in Reedville, which you can see on the western coast of the bay about a third of the way from the top of the map.
Group Summer Home Chesapeake-bay-map

You cannot swim in the Chesapeake Bay (at least it's not recommended, at all.) because of the high population of jellyfish and angry, angry crabs. However, it's a great place to spend some time in the summer, and I feel like it might be the most realistic shot we have at getting together. Let me know what you think, okay?

Thanks.

Last edited by Nissadex on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Nissadex
Nissadex

http://rockpapersinner.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Group Summer Home Empty Re: Group Summer Home

Post by Rust Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 am

I'd be all up for this to see all of you folks, tbh. My girlfriend is originally from Virginia, Williamsburg to be exact. Sooooooo, if this were to happen and I were to go then she'd probably come with me. Hope you guys don't mind that =P

Though I have to ask, how big of a longshot is this?
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by Nissadex Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 am

Not super long. My parents have let me meet online friends before, and certainly ones I've known for less long than all of you. The biggest problem is convincing my uncles (who co-own the house) that we're not going to destroy it, and also convincing my mother that none of your are going to try to rape and kill me, which can be mostly solved by her coming down and staying in a hotel for a few days while she comes and checks you folks out. But honestly.... it's pretty friggin' realistic. Like I said, nothing is concrete yet but it's plausible.
Nissadex
Nissadex

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 am

Group Summer Home House-do-want

That is all.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Amano Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 am

Yeah this should happen. Yeah. I mean, can we skype with your Mum at all? Would that be a possibility?

If we get to bring a significant-other, then I'm bringing Alexey. He'll show you something about Russian cooking.

Oh, but Niss, what a great freaking idea. Wheels in motion! WHEELS IN MOTION!!
Amano
Amano

Back to top Go down

Post by Graven Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:57 am

DEM WHEELS MAN!

I agree one hundred percent on all points and all opinions and I will be there in twenty-four hou-...we're not going yet? Oh D:

Anyway, I can help with funding as well~ I have a bit of disposable income.
Graven
Graven

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 am

I... won't be able to help with funding at all, unfortunately =/
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by Alle Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 am

I have no disposable income, and don't know enough about my summer in terms of jobs and such to really know if I can go, but I would love to. Nissa, this is the coolest thing ever.

Also, I can probably drag Ish. I know where he lives.
Alle
Alle

http://rebeccakaustin.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:02 am

Yeah, I can pay for myself, but that's about it. XP

And I would just need a few weeks' notice, to notify my jobs and such.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 am

Alle wrote:I have no disposable income, and don't know enough about my summer in terms of jobs and such to really know if I can go, but I would love to. Nissa, this is the coolest thing ever.

Also, I can probably drag Ish. I know where he lives.

YOU DO NO-oh wait.

WELL I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE TOO!

And I can probably pay for the both of us Indianans, since I make teh big bucks at Walmart. I will start saving up in anticipation of this, because this is a fantastic idea.

I remember only really discussing the possibility of meeting up with Amano, but I'd love to hang out with the rest of you as well. =D
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Nissadex Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 am

Significant others are probably fine as long as you don't mind possibly snuggling on the floor together for warmth and lack of beds. I mean, judging on how things go in my life with Cam, I may very well bring him too. So! No problems there.

In total there are four rooms in the house-- one giant huge living room with a dining area and a really old kitchen fold out couch too), one master bedroom with a king bed in it (that is otherwise a small room), one room with two twin beds, and a bathroom. Singular. There's also a place to wash clothes... but it would be close quarters with the numbers we're talking about. Considering it would probably only be like a week or two, that shouldn't be an issue, especially considering the large amounts of out door space, but! I figure I should mention the space constrictions anyways.

Skype would probably help on the mom front, but I'm still weaning her into the idea, so if we do that it'll be later on down the line.
Nissadex
Nissadex

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:21 am

Ah, my girlfriend just reminded me that she's going to be working at a summer camp, and if I don't find a job before summer then so am I.

Hopefully I'll find a job before then =/
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by Graven Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 am

I'll bring a sleeping bag, so don't put me in the bed count. I'll be making camp in the nearest wood. Been doing a lot of outdoor survival exercises with my friends when the weather's nice, so I won't be coming in crying unless there are big creepy crawlies.
Graven
Graven

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:29 am

I'll just share a bed with Kris and Becca. 'Kay? 'Kay.

afro
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Graven Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:31 am

But Smithy, haven't you ever seen Brokeback Mountain? I don't wanna freeze to death!
Graven
Graven

Back to top Go down

Post by Nissadex Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:31 am

There are huge creepy crawlies. Rhys, it's the American south. >_> there are fire ant nests and spiders as big as your hand.

Also, the outdoors is somewhat swampy, and although there is a wood (sort of) between us and the neighbors, it's muddy and I think the neighbors might get a bit offended. o_o
Nissadex
Nissadex

Back to top Go down

Post by Graven Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:32 am

Fuck. Fine. I'll bring a tent. -sigh-
Graven
Graven

Back to top Go down

Post by Nissadex Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 am

I dunno. The mosquitoes and the antlions might still get in.
Nissadex
Nissadex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alle Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:36 am

I don't mind sleeping in a king size bed with a selection of people, as long as we establish a no-bad-touching rule (*cough* SMITHY *cough*) and everyone is okay with the fact that I like to practice kung-fu in my sleep.
Alle
Alle

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:37 am

I love the fact that, for Kris, Rhys sleeping in the woods was more of a talking point than me in bed with her.

Just sayin'. XP
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nissadex Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:39 am

Well, that's because I figured one of two things would happen. Either Cam would be with me and he'd spirit me away to some cuddle corner where we'd do unspeakable things away from you all, or I'd end up sleeping curled up with each of you on different nights. Yes.
Nissadex
Nissadex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alle Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:46 am

ARE THERE GOING TO BE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE HAVING SEX? If so, I reserve the right to dress in safari clothes and pretend to be David Attenborough.
Alle
Alle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishilar's Ego Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 am

Becca, what's sex? D=
Ishilar's Ego
Ishilar's Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rust Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:49 am

No! We mustn't tell him! He must not know about R-E-P-R-O-D-U-C-T-I-O-N
Rust
Rust

Back to top Go down

Post by BSmith Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:49 am

Alle wrote:ARE THERE GOING TO BE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE HAVING SEX? If so, I reserve the right to dress in safari clothes and pretend to be David Attenborough.

I am so in on this, as long as I can be Steve Irwin.

Ishilar's Ego wrote:Becca, what's sex? D=

We'll tell you when you're older.
BSmith
BSmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum